- Entertainment Weekly
- I've been a subscriber for years - EW covers everything in pop culture!
- Q; Uncut; MOJO
- A Holy Trinity of sorts: Between these three British music mags I first picked up years ago at Borders (RIP), I have learned about and checked out so much great music!
They each have a lot of neat things to say about music of the past, but they also keep up with current tunes. What more can you ask for?
- Under the Radar
- More recently, I've fallen in love with this fab mag that covers indie and off-the-beaten-path music. I like to have a pen and paper handy while I'm reading to jot down names of artists I discover I need to check out!
- All beauty all the time; fun and frivolous; fun and a bit less
frivolous; full of stuff way out of my price league and (let's
be real) way more sophisticated than I am, but it's fun to dream.
Beauty blogs 'n' such
- Musings of a Muse
- Really helpful and honest reviews (featuring clear, true-to-life swatch photos) of all sorts of beauty products. Invaluable!
- Beauty (by ONTD!)
- A fun, friendly community of beauty nuts!
- Nouveau Cheap
- Save a buck on your beauty!
- Fantastic resource for swatches and thorough reviews!
- The Product Reviews section is chock full of
user reviews of every beauty-related product under the sun.
- A perfume fanatic's heaven! Reviews, updates, forums, and even a way to keep track of your own fragrance collection.
Neat places to visit
Each location comes complete with my seal of approval!
- The Walters Art Museum (Baltimore, MD)
- Geppi's Entertainment Museum
- My kind of place!
- The Record Exchange (Silver
- Incredible selection, incredible prices. Just visit and enjoy!
- CDepot (College Park, MD)
- I'd live there if I could!
- Historic Ellicott City (Maryland).
- Especially The Antique Depot and
- Calvert Marine Museum (Solomons
- Lots of exhibits highlighting Solomons Island history!
- Fenwick Street Used Books & Music (Leonardtown,
- The Smithsonian museums (Washington, D.C.)
- I'm so lucky to live so close to these museums.
- Cool Scoops (Wildwood, NJ)
- No trip to Wildwood is complete without a trip for a hot dog and ice cream at this wonderful, colorful Doo Wop diner!
- Morrow's Nut House
(Cape May, NJ)
- A Cape May boardwalk highlight!
- International OCD Foundation
- Info about obsessive compulsive disorder. Facts galore at this very informative site.
- Fantastic resource!
- National MS Society
- A great way to learn more - and live well!